I finally made a Pendrell.
I’ve been meaning to make the Sewaholic Pendrell forever. I’m not sure how I feel about the sleeves on the pattern, but I thought the princess seam lines would help create a well-fitted shirt. I cut according to my measurements, grading as needed and leaving off the bottom three inches so that I would be able to wear it untucked if I wanted. In the end I took out a bit more from the princess seam lines at the top since it felt a bit baggy across the shoulders. It was an easy fix, and the result was just what I was hoping for.
As for specifics, I pieced together my bias binding since I wanted to save fabric and didn’t care about the extra seams as the binding is just used for the neck and sleeve facings. I also finished the hem using my narrow hem foot – a quick and neat finish.
The fabric I used for this shirt came from my holiday travels to Santa Barbara. I stopped into Fine Fabrics while I was there, and I redesigned much of my SWAP based on a few key fabrics I absolutely had to have. It’s going to be a fun few months of sewing with some fabulous fabrics. This blouse marks my first SWAP item to be posted on this blog.
Also, this week’s Sew Weekly theme is “Accessorize”. I love scarves, and I was excited at how well my gray scarf paired with this fabric. I wrote up a bit about my love for scarves in this week’s post for the Sew Weekly. You can find it here.