And the award goes to…

February 29, 2012

Evelyne of Hand Sewn and Homegrown is standing on stage looking lovely but slightly off balance since her right leg is vying for a good deal of attention.  She’s announcing the Liebster Blog Award, a highly coveted award for young sewing blogs.  The tension is palpable.  “…The origins of the Liebster Blog Award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it means favourite or dearest to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.  And, this year I’m proud to present the Liebster Blog Award to Amy of Sew Well.

Amy leaps up from her seat unable to contain her excitement in the moment.  But, a bit shy, she pauses a second when she realizes that everyone’s eyes are focused on her.  She makes her way to the stage, mindful of the stairs since she’s been known to trip during important ceremonies (hello, college graduation).  She gratefully takes the award from Evelyne.  “Oh my!  I’m shocked and speechless.  Thank you, Evelyne!  And, thank you dear readers for sharing your time with me every week.  I love reading your comments and sharing in your own sewing triumphs.  And, well, I guess I should also thank my husband for his kindness and patience and brilliance; my parents and family for their support and willingness to be my first clients.  And…”

Evelyne gently interrupts, “Amy, there’s really no need for a long speech.  The rules are simple.  You’ve already thanked me for the award and linked back to my blog.  You’ve already accepted the award by copying and pasting it to this post.  Now, all you need to do is share the excitement by passing this award on to other blogs that deserve attention.”

“Fantastic!  But, I hope it’s okay if my right leg doesn’t have its own Twitter account yet.”

“It should be fine.  It’s not one of the requirements for presenting.”

“Whew.  Okay, here goes…  I’m pleased and honored to pass the Liebster Blog Award to…

You ladies are all wonderful in your enthusiasm for sewing and dedication to putting wonderful things on your blogs.  Thank you for being a part of this wonderful online sewing community.  If you like, please spread this award to other blogs that you enjoy.  As Evelyne said, the rules are simple…

• Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
  • Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
  • Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
  • Present the Liebster Blog Award to five blogs (with 200 followers or less).
  • Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment.

Now go out and strut your stuff on the red carpet!”

1. February 29, 2012 7:17 am

Such good choices!

2. February 29, 2012 11:26 am

Aw, thank you!

3. February 29, 2012 12:54 pm

“Blog Oscars” – cleverly done!! Congratulations to all the winners.

4. February 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Gosh, thanks! I really love your blog– you always impress me with your willingness to take on tough projects and your always-perfect results! Thanks for documenting your sewing adventures for us!

5. February 29, 2012 4:24 pm

I’m so honored, Amy! Thank you! I’m always inspired by your blog and all your amazing and challenging projects!

6. March 1, 2012 7:21 am

OMG! I just got a Liebster, and you totally stole three of my choices. Commence the fake hair pulling!

Oh, and congratulations! Show us some skin.

• March 1, 2012 7:39 am

Congratulations! You totally deserve the recognition. And, who cares if we double up on awardees. A movie can get multiple oscars, right? Plus, it’s extra recognition for a blog that deserves it. Go for it! And keep that beautiful hair intact!!

7. March 1, 2012 10:10 pm

Aww, shucks Amy. I feel so honored. Thanks! My first blog award! Heehee, I might have to double-up on nominees, too.

8. March 2, 2012 10:03 am

And I accept! Thank you, academy…err, Liebster committee. I’m honored! Thank you!

1. Lobster Award « threadsquare