One Week, One Pattern: March 24th through 30th

March 30, 2012

This week I joined Tilly at Tilly at the Buttons in the One Week, One Pattern challenge.  Our goal:  to wear garments created from a single pattern for an entire week. I chose the Sewaholic Renfrew since it pretty much rocks (and since I’ve made three).

March 24, 2012

What: The Linen Knit Renfrew with orange pants and a denim jacket

Where: To see the Hunger Games. My orange pants were the best way I could think of to celebrate the girl on fire while wearing a Renfrew. To complete the look, I put my hair back in a braid, à la Katniss.

~~~

March 25, 2012

What: The Stripey Renfrew with jeans

Where: A day at the park with friends from out of town, including a crazy bocce tournament where the next point always tied and the most fun game of croquet I’ve ever played.

~~~

March 26, 2012

What: The Linen Knit Renfrew under a sweater with jeans and a scarf

Where: To work. I have some crazy upcoming work deadlines, and with friends in town this past weekend and travel this coming weekend, I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to pull off OWOP!, but at this point in the week, I was confident that I could.  Now to get back to those work deadlines…

~~~

March 27, 2012

What: The Oatmeal Cowl Renfrew with a brown tweed skirt and boots

Where: To work. Then to watch an episode of A Game of Thrones with friends. It was a good day to dress up since I needed a little pick-me-up. My quiet little street had been awoken in the wee hours of the morning by a stabbing. Twice in a month my backyard has been a crime scene. Crazy.

~~~

March 28, 2012

What: The Linen Knit Renfrew with wide-leg green pants and a black cardigan.

Where: To work.  Data crunching all day long.

~~~

March 29, 2012

What: The Stripey Renfrew with a skirt I made last summer.

Where: To work.  Another long day of data crunching getting ready for a deadline early next week.

~~~

March 30, 2012

What: The Oatmeal Cowl Renfrew with my Minoru jacket, skinny jeans, and boots

Where: To visit my family.  The highlight:  my baby niece.  Work is still on the mind, but it’ll be nice after so many long nights to have a bit of downtime this weekend.

~~~

The End Reflections:

I thoroughly enjoyed myself this week.  Basing my outfits around three tops forced me to think beyond my typical jeans, not only to other more neglected pants but also to skirts.  I got quite a few compliments when wearing the tweed skirt in particular.  I will definitely be making more Renfrews soon, and I should consider making a pattern from the tweed skirt as well.  Thanks, Tilly, for bringing the online sewing community together.  Until the next OWOP…

1. March 30, 2012 9:01 am

Really really lovely Amy – my favourite is the oatmeal renfrew and skirt – it’s so polished and sophisticated. It’s great to see all the pics together – kinda wishin’ I did that now…! I loved OWOP for making me think outside the box when it came to bottoms too but now I’m looking forward to NOT wearing a blouse! :)

2. teaweed permalink
    March 30, 2012 10:51 am

I discovered your blog via Minoru reveals on Sewaholic. Your painted version is gorgeous.

I can see why you’d get compliments on the tweed skirt outfit; it’s lovely. The outfit of March 29: Stripey Renfrew & Secret Garden Pleated Skirt is the one I enjoyed looking at the most. It looks good on you, and the technical merit of mixed patterns looking good together tickles and impresses me. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

3. March 30, 2012 10:52 am

Your Renfrews look wonderful. These are all totally different looks. Your Minoru jacket looks great in the last picture as well!

4. March 30, 2012 11:06 am

Your renfrews are amazing! I just love them! And I love how you changed up the style lots of different ways throughout the week!

5. March 30, 2012 11:43 am

You inspire me! I’ve had that pattern for a month or more and haven’t dusted it off. Maybe it’s time to recapture my sewing mojo with a Renfrew weekend. Thanks!

6. March 30, 2012 1:40 pm

Your outfits are so cute! You look so put together in all of them, but not at all fussy– like you could work in these all day, be comfortable, and still look good! Bravo!

7. April 1, 2012 10:41 am

How fun! I love the stripey Renfrew with the print skirt. So cute. You have a great style, a way of putting pretty together while being relaxed. Very classy. Good luck with your deadlines! (And stabbings! Yikes. I hope things clear up.)

8. April 1, 2012 3:58 pm

Great pieces and great styling! I like the stripey Renfrew with the printed skirt, too. I’m still dying over your Minoru. That’s such a great jacket.

Eeh! That’s kind of terrifying. Stay safe.

Oh man, I am super excited for Game of Thrones tonight. Have you read the books?

• April 2, 2012 2:37 pm

Yes, my husband and I are reading the fifth book right now. We’re just starting to watch the first season of the HBO series with friends now that it’s out on DVD.

9. April 1, 2012 10:13 pm

Such adorable outfits! (As an aside, I saw that my local fabric store just brought in a bolt of the same fabric you made your Minoru out of! It’s very lovely in person :D)

10. April 6, 2012 7:00 am

Your look is always so put together and classy, yet comfortable. I really love that! I like the pattern mixing, too. And stay safe, Amy! I’m sure you do, but that’s nuts.

1. My Mood in July: Vibrant Red « Sew Well