Happy Mother’s Day!

May 13, 2012

Now that the SWAP is over, I can finally get back to the millions of other projects that I’ve had on hold this year. First on the docket is the Jackie O dress for my mom using the fabrics you see above.  The beautiful blue on the left is an Irish linen from FineFabrics.com, and the floral on the right is a crepe de chine from Fabric.com.  The linen is unbelievable.  Seriously.  I wish the internet allowed texture to come through to your readers.  And, I love that she’ll have a bouquet of mums to greet her every time she goes to put on the dress.  Since the muslin has already been fitted, the next step is to transfer the new pattern to the underlining.  (I’m already procrastinating though as I’m writing this post instead of getting on with the project!)

1. May 14, 2012 12:52 am

I live and sew clothes in Ireland, I know how beautiful the linen is!

Beautiful separately and together!

Bundana x

2. May 14, 2012 2:05 am

Oh my, that crepe de chine is to die for. Massive fabric envy.

3. May 14, 2012 5:22 am

That Jackie O dress is so lovely. The muslin looks great and I know your mom will look so so chic! I’m doing a similar project that is retro. I don’t know what it is but I’ve been very into silhouettes from the 50s and 60s as of late

4. May 14, 2012 7:43 am

Oh, gosh, this is going to be so sweet on your mom! Good luck!

5. Shams permalink
    May 14, 2012 8:17 am

That is going to be a beautiful dress!!

6. May 14, 2012 11:56 am

Yummy! I love Irish linen, and the print is just beautiful… not to mention the entire colour combination. Your mom is going to love her dress!

7. May 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Oh wow. You’re a good daughter. That’s going to be a beautiful set.

8. May 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Linen – one of my all time favourites and that CDC looks very much like Liberty fabric. It’s a perfect match – will look stunning together.

9. May 15, 2012 6:32 am

Those fabrics are just perfect together! Teehee… mums for your mom… I love a dress with a good pun!

1. My Lucky Month! « Sew Well