The Rogue Giraffe

May 24, 2012

This month’s sewing class project was to make quilted placemats.  I wasn’t that excited about them when I heard about them, and I knew I had another giraffe blanket in my near future (first make is here).  Yes, another friend having a baby.  There must be something in the water.

When I got to class and pulled out my fabric and pattern, everyone looked at me curiously.  What was I making?  A placemat out of  minky?  Certainly not!  I explained that I was making a previous class project, which isn’t technically against the rules.  Only it’s been so long since the original class (back in January 2011), almost all of the class has turned over since then.

As the class went on, I kept looking longingly at everyone else’s placemats.  Placemats!  Sometime during the class it dawned on me that I must have a serious crush on all things sewing if just seeing other projects come together, projects I knew I didn’t need and previously hadn’t wanted, made me sad I wouldn’t be bringing the same home myself.

Crazy love.

1. Shams permalink
    May 24, 2012 8:46 am

Oh, Amy, that giraffe blankie is adorable!!!! What a lucky baby. :)

2. May 24, 2012 9:26 am

I like your quilted placement. I think it’s really fun! It’s great that you are this much into sewing and have stuck with it for so long. It’s a dying art and I love to see people so interested in it.

3. May 24, 2012 11:27 am

Daawww that giraffe is adorable! Nobody would have the heart to kick him out of sewing class for not being a quilted placemat!

• May 25, 2012 5:55 pm

No, they’re a nice group. I did get the stink eye when I showed up without a project to work on whatsoever. No one really wants you just hanging over their shoulder the whole class!

4. May 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Oh yay, another one of your minky animals! I love these so much– they’re adorable!

• May 25, 2012 5:54 pm

Next up is a dragon blanket… I can’t wait to try to figure out the little dragon wings…

5. May 25, 2012 6:28 am

The blankie is adorable!! So perfect for a little one.
    Ha! placemats… so funny…

• May 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Right. Placemats. I wanted them badly during that class though.

6. May 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Hey, you can always make placemats. That giraffe is just wonderful.

1. Dragons | Sew Well