A Coronation Clutch for an iPad

January 2, 2013

IMG_8010

As one of my last projects of 2012, I finally found time to make the Indygo Junction’s Coronation Clutch pattern I won from the Sew Weekly (my post on winning earlier this year is here).  Even the fabric was included in the giveaway!  I knew I wanted it to be a gift for my mom from the moment the pattern and fabric arrived.  The blues are not quite her colors, but the bold flowers reminded me of her.  Plus, the clutch is large enough for an iPad, and she’s long needed a protective case for her own iPad when she’s out and about.

IMG_8011

In the days before Christmas, I quickly stitched the cute little case up.

IMG_8012

I paid careful attention to pattern placement and aligning the pattern at the seams…

IMG_8013

… and to forming the pretty little pleats on the front.

IMG_8017

The lining pairs perfectly with the bright green from the exterior fabric.

IMG_8014

And, though the pattern only suggests one interior pocket, I added a second because you never know when you’ll need more pockets.  In addition, the whole case is interfaced with the same foam I used for my own iPad case.

Merry Christmas, Mom!  I hope this cute case keeps your iPad well protected.

1. January 2, 2013 10:28 am

That’s very nice. I’m sure your mom is loving it!

2. January 2, 2013 10:47 am

It’s gorgeous! love the colors and the button detail. Where did you get the foam from?

• January 2, 2013 11:10 am

Eddie’s Quilting Bee here in the Bay Area. It’s called Inn-Control Plus, and it says its “the superior batting alternative” with “double-sided fusible to save you time”.

3. January 2, 2013 1:38 pm

This is great- the pleat detail is rather sweet! I sure your mum loved it!

4. MOM permalink
    January 2, 2013 3:56 pm

I do love it!!! It is a wonderful and much needed present. I love the fabric, design and all the extra details you added. It will keep my iPad well protected. Thanks so much!!!

5. January 3, 2013 11:09 am

I feel like this is an embodiment of everything that you do…even for a simple item, you put such care into sewing it well! Those seams and the print matching are a thing of beauty!

6. January 3, 2013 8:18 pm

I love your ipad clutches. I need one, too…

7. January 4, 2013 8:14 am

What a sweet gift! I’m so glad your mom loves it!