This winter I’m joining a bunch of other talented seamsters in the Stitcher’s Guild’s Sewing with a Plan 2012 challenge. We’re all making eleven garments from tried-and-true patterns. Unfortunately, I don’t have any. My goal is to discover several TNTs over the course of the challenge through proper fitting, and here’s a reflection on my efforts to sew well.
So far I’m happy with my progress for the Stitcher’s Guild‘s Sewing with a Plan 2012 challenge. I’ve completed four garments, and I’ve made progress on three more. I’ve spent time getting a good fit, and I’ve already found some patterns I love (I’m looking at you, Renfrow). My weak spot is not really participating in the forum part of this challenge. Maybe by April I’ll have found my voice over there.
Here is the current state of my SWAP as I head into February…
Button-Down Shirt w/Collar
- Blouse or shirt (collar is optional)
5. BurdaStyle 5/2011 Bustier Dress with Draped Detail in teal shantung with dragon print cotton lining – currently in the muslin phase.
6. Jalie 2908 in dark blue denim – pattern pieces cut out back in the fall!
7. Jalie 2908 as skinnies in dark blue denim.
8. Vogue V8156 in gray wool.
Shorts or Capri Pants
- Jacket (jean jacket, windbreaker, hoodie, etc.)
11. Vogue V8435 in teal linen knit. [I have the linen knit already, and it goes well with this SWAP, but if I wanted to stick to repeating patterns for my doubles, then I might go with a second Beignet skirt instead of this wrap jacket since I don’t think I’ll be ready for a second Minoru before the end of April… But, who knows? I did first imagine the Minoru in sweatshirt knit.]
Coat (suit or sport coat) Overcoat or Raincoat Bathing Suit & Coverup
My goal is to complete two or three more items in February to keep on pace for a complete SWAP by the end of April. Crazy sewing…