Community · Sewing · Tutorial

Grading the Honeycrisp Mittens

There's a Sew-Along going on over at Disparate Disciplines for the Honeycrisp Mittens, the awesome mittens designed for conductive fabric that I secretly tested last month and finally got to show off the other day.  I'm stepping in to join the Sew-Along today to talk a bit about pattern grading since I had to work my head around… Continue reading Grading the Honeycrisp Mittens

Community · Finished Project · Sewing

Mmmm… Honeycrisp Mmmmittens

Though I now think differently about the phrase "an apple a day will keep the doctor away" after reading Michael Pollan's The Botany of Desire, I'm still a big fan of apples and likely eat close to an apple a day anyway.  And, honeycrisp apples have become a favorite splurge this year.  My husband and… Continue reading Mmmm… Honeycrisp Mmmmittens

Community · Finished Project · Sewing

The ‘Sweetheart in Turbulence’ Peplum for the Sew Weekly Reunion

The Facts Fabric: Gray curtain fabric from FabMo, floral nylon mesh jersey from Tessuti, silk organza from Thai Silks Pattern: Sweetheart bodice dress “R” from the Sweet Dress Book Year: 2013 Notions: Gray invisible zipper Pantone challenge colors: Turbulence (gray) with accents in Mykonos Blue, Deep Lichen Green, and Vivacious (pink) Time to complete: I’m… Continue reading The ‘Sweetheart in Turbulence’ Peplum for the Sew Weekly Reunion