In between sewing projects in 2011, I’m going to recount the sewing projects that I completed in 2010. This post is one of those projects.
Late in 2010 I attempted to sew a running skirt using Jalie 2796, but I was only moderately successful. By that I mean that I now have a running skirt, but I wouldn’t want anyone to look closely at it. I found it both hard to cut and hard to sew a stretch knit fabric. I’ve gained a lot of experience sewing all sorts of fabrics since then, so I’m optimistic that I’ll do better whenever I get around to trying again.
I made the skirt with narrow waistband and the “hot pants” underneath. The latter was because I’d read that the compression shorts end up longer than the skirt. The teeny, tiny little shorts work, but I think I would be more comfortable with something slightly longer underneath. Next time I’ll make the compression shorts, although I might shorten the inseam an inch or so to ensure that they’re hidden underneath the skirt.
The pockets are clever, and the skirt is cute. As I keep saying, I’ll likely make another once I find a fabric that’ll excite me into trying again.