Community · Giveaway · Review · Sewing

Books! Textile Visionaries Winner and Sweet Dress Book Review

First of all, congratulations go to Anne W of Mercury - Handmade Fashion for winning the Textile Visionaries giveaway.  And, it sounds like she may be generously gifting it to her daughter who's currently studying textile design.  How perfect, right?  I hope Anne's family gets lots of enjoyment and inspiration from this book! Now, I'd like… Continue reading Books! Textile Visionaries Winner and Sweet Dress Book Review

Community

Fall 2013 Pantone

Well, in the chaos that was June, I forgot to write anything about Pantone's fall colors at the summer solstice. Better late than never, right? Or, as I always wonder, would never also be okay? Do we gain from knowing the colors that Pantone says will be prominent this season? I also wonder if there's… Continue reading Fall 2013 Pantone

Community · Giveaway

And the Pattern Pyramid goes to…

...Oh, but first, a story.  Yesterday I went over to the lovely Jennifer of My Sewing Suite's house (check out her recent Bombshell swimsuit!) for a "Wednesdays with Lynda" fitting session with her and another wonderful and extremely knowledgable seamstress.  Before tackling the muslins, Jennifer handed me three patterns that she and her daughter wanted… Continue reading And the Pattern Pyramid goes to…